FRIDA KAHLO: MAKING HER SELF UP OPENS IN LONDON WITH SUPPORT FROM AEROMEXICO
- Aeromexico is supporting the exhibition Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up, which will display photographs and personal objects belonging to the Mexican artist.
- The exhibition will be held at the V&A in London who have been working in close collaboration with Museo Frida Kahlo / The Blue House .
Mexico City, June 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aeroméxico, Mexico's global airline, is proud to be supporting Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up at the V&A in London.. This will be the first exhibition outside of México to display clothes and intimate possessions belonging to the iconic Mexican artist to offer a fresh perspective on her compelling life story.
Aeromexico, through Aeromexico Cargo, is providing transport for more than 200 objects for the exhibition thanks to its daily direct flight between London and Mexico City, operated with the 787 Dreamliner, one of the most modern aircraft in the world. The airline is also assisting with flights for museum staff from Museo Frida Kahlo.
Working in close collaboration with Museo Frida Kahlo, the exhibition will display personal possesions from La Casa Azul (the Blue House), such as: emblematic self portraits, photographs, distinctive colourful Tehuana garments, pre-Columbian necklaces made by the artist, hand painted corsets, letters, prosthetics, among other objects that will offer a visual narrative of her life.
Paul Verhagen, SVP International Sales of Aeromexico said: "In Aeromexico we work every day to show not only Mexico's natural wealth, but also the historical and cultural heritage that defines the diversity and identity of this country and its people. Therefore, we are very proud to support and be a part of the exhibition in the V&A museum, that will serve to expose the legacy left by one of the greatest exponents of art in Mexico and the world."
Tristram Hunt, director of the V&A, said: "Frida Kahlo is one of the most iconic and recognisable artists of the last century. We are very excited to bring together Frida's fashion, medical corsets, make-up and other personal items with her self-portraits to better understand and celebrate this remarkable artist."
Aeromexico works constantly, not only to increase ties and connectivity between countries, but it also makes efforts for the promotion of Mexico, supporting projects around the world to demostrate some of the most valuable things this country has to offer, its art, culture and history.
Aeromexico in the cultural and artistic promotion:
Aeroméxico has supported as a sponsor with the transportation of participants, guests, as well as artistic objects for different cultural events inside and outside of Mexico.
- Anonymous: Annual exhibition in Miami, which brings together Latin American artists. In 2017 the event was held at the Bass Museum.
- Casa Wabi and Casa Nano: Casa Wabi Foundation is an organization that promotes Mexican artists with an annual contest that brings them from all over the world to Puerto Rico, to experience different workshops. This organization has also a similar project in Japan called Casa Nano, in which Aeromexico has also been a sponsor.
- Morelia Film Festival: Recognized annual film event that brings together filmmakers, and audiences from all over the world.
- Fenix Awards: Event that recognizes the work of the Ibero-American exponents of the seventh art.
- House of Mexico in Spain. This October will be the opening of the House of Mexico in Spain, which will aim to offer a space where various exhibitions and cultural expressions of Mexico will be held. Aeromexico will have a room with its name on it.
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. Aeromexico, Mexico's global airline, operates more than 600 daily flights and its main hub is in Terminal 2 at the Mexico City International Airport. Its destinations network features more than 90 cities on three continents, including 43 destinations in Mexico, 22 in the United States, 17 in Latin America, 4 in Europe, 3 in Canada and 3 in Asia.
The Group's operating fleet of more than 130 aircrafts is comprised of Boeing 787 and 737 jet airliners and next generation Embraer 170 and 190 models. In 2012, the airline announced the most significant investment strategy in aviation history in Mexico, to purchase 100 Boeing aircraft including 90 MAX B737 jet airliners and 10 B787-9 Dreamliners.
As a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance, Aeromexico offers customers more than 1,000 destinations in 177 countries served by the 20 SkyTeam airline partners rewarding passengers with benefits including access to more than 600 premium airport lounges around the world. Aeromexico also offers travel on its codeshare partner flights with Delta Air Lines, Avianca, Copa Airlines, El Al, GOL, Jet Airways and WestJet, with extensive connectivity in countries like the United States, Brazil, Canada, Colombia and Peru. www.aeromexico.com www.skyteam.com
About Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up
Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up runs from 16 June - 4 November 2018 at the V&A, and will be the first exhibition outside of Mexico to display her clothes and intimate possessions, reuniting them with key self-portraits and photographs to offer a fresh perspective on her compelling life story.
Tickets are now available. Admission £15 (concessions available). V&A members go free. Advance booking is advised - this can be done in person at the V&A; online at vam.ac.uk/FridaKahlo; or by calling +44 (0)20 7942 2000 (booking fee applies).
For further PRESS information about Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up, please contact Kate Morais in the V&A press office on 0044 (0) 20 7942 2503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection of press images are available to download free of charge from pressimag
Barbrha Ibañez Aeroméxico email@example.com Marc Ourgant Aeromexico +52 55 91 32 4964 firstname.lastname@example.org