CLX Communications AB (publ): Interim report, January - March 2018
January - March 2018
- Net sales increased by 38 percent to SEK 858.6 million (622.2). Organic growth was 13 percent.
- EBITDA amounted to SEK 53.2 million (70.8).
- EBITDA excluding items affecting comparability1 (adjusted EBITDA) amounted to SEK 65.0 million (80.9), corresponding to SEK 1.21 (1.63) per share.
- Operational foreign exchange differences affected operating profit for the period by SEK -2.0 million (-0.9).
- EBIT amounted to SEK 20.3 million (41.1).
- Profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 9.2 million (33.4).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.17 (0.67).
Significant events during the quarter
- On 27 March, CLX acquired 100 percent of share capital in Unwire Communication ApS based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Unwire has about 20 employees. The company is a leading vendor of cloud communications and messaging services to the Nordic financial sector. The purchase consideration was DKK 148 million on a cash- and debt-free basis. The acquisition was financed with expanded credit facilities of DKK 100 million and cash reserves.
Significant events after the end of the period
- On 4 April, CLX acquired 100 percent of the share capital in Vehicle Agency LLC, which has about 10 employees and is based in Seattle, USA. The company specializes in technology and solutions in personalized video and rich media communications solutions. The purchase consideration was USD 8 million on a cash- and debt-free basis, as well as a possible earnout of USD 4 million. The acquisition was financed with cash reserves.
- Thomas Heath was appointed Chief Strategy Officer, a new role at CLX, on 16 April. The new CSO will also have overall responsibility for Investor Relations.
- Oscar Werner was appointed President and CEO of CLX Communications AB on 19 April and will take up the position on 1 September 2018. Johan Hedberg will take a new role as responsible for business development, focusing on North America.
- Anders Olin, the former COO of the Enterprise Division, was appointed Managing Director of the Division. Robert Gerstman, the former Managing Director of the Division and a co-founder of CLX, will be the Chief Evangelist for the Division.
- See the table on page 3 for a specification of items affecting comparability.
Invitation to report presentation by phone or online
The report will be presented at a phone conference at 09:00 CET on May 18.
To participate in the presentation by phone, please ring any of the following numbers and state the code 3345144:
SE: +46 (0) 8 506 539 42
UK: +44 (0) 33 0336 9411
US: +1 929 477 0353
Register here to watch the presentation via Webcast: https://edge.media-server.com/m6/p/d23sq2jp.
For additional information, please contact:
Thomas Heath, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Investor Relations +46 72 245 50 55
Odd Bolin, CFO +46 70 428 31 73
Forthcoming reporting dates
Half-year report, January - June 2018 20 July 2018
Interim report, January - September 2018 6 November 2018
CLX Communications (CLX) is a leading global vendor of cloud communications services and solutions for enterprises and mobile operators. Mobile communications services from CLX make it possible for enterprises to communicate globally with their customers and connected devices - IoT (Internet of Things) swiftly, securely and cost-effectively. CLX Communications' solutions enable business critical communication worldwide via mobile messaging services (SMS), voice services, and mobile IoT connectivity services. CLX has grown profitably since the company was founded. The Group is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a presence in 20+ additional countries. The shares of CLX Communications are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm: CLX
Note: CLX Communications AB (publ) is required to publish the information in this interim report pursuant to the EU market abuse regulation. The information was submitted for publication on 18 May 2018 at 07:30 CET. This report is published in Swedish and English. In case of any differences between the English version and the Swedish original text, the Swedish version shall apply. This report has not been subject to review by the company's independent auditor.