Bergman & Beving AB: Financial Report 1 April 2017 - 31 March 2018
Financial Report 1 April 2017 - 31 March 2018
Fourth quarter (1 January 2018 - 31 March 2018)
- Revenue amounted to MSEK 960 (968).
- EBITA totalled MSEK 53 (46), corresponding to an EBITA margin of 5.5 percent (4.8).
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK 51 (45), corresponding to an operating margin of 5.3 percent (4.6).
- Net profit totalled MSEK 40 (36).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.50 (1.30).
12 months (1 April 2017 - 31 March 2018)
- Revenue amounted to MSEK 3,833 (3,834).
- EBITA totalled MSEK 224 (260), corresponding to an EBITA margin of 5.8 percent (6.8).
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK 216 (258), corresponding to an operating margin of 5.6 percent (6.7).
- Net profit totalled MSEK 158 (195).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 5.70 (6.95).
- The return on working capital (P/WC) for the rolling 12-month period was 20 percent (25).
- The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 2.50 per share.
Significant events since the start of the operating year
- Momentum Group was listed as a separate company on Nasdaq Stockholm on 21 June 2017.
- The Company changed its name from B&B TOOLS AB to Bergman & Beving AB.
- Pontus Boman was appointed as the Company's new President & CEO.
- The Company completed four acquisitions, two of which after the end of the period, with combined annual revenue of approximately MSEK 310.
- The Election Committee proposed that Johan Sjö be elected Chairman of Bergman & Beving AB.
Additional steps in the right direction
The year ended with additional steps in the right direction, resulting in a further improvement in earnings in the fourth quarter compared with the preceding year. The past year has been extremely eventful, with major changes, restructuring and a positive trend with respect to the operating margin for the two most recent quarters. We are now aiming at significantly higher performance levels.
We noted varying signals from our main markets during the quarter. Demand from industrial customers in the Nordic region remained favourable, while the construction market slowed, mainly due to a decline in new residential construction. According to our assessment, demand for our products has remained stable since the decline in new residential construction has been offset by increases in other segments. As planned, demand from the manufacturing sector was impacted by lower sales to the TOOLS chain, where we are implementing a change in supplier agreements for goods for resale, which were previously invoiced onward via Bergman & Beving. Sales to other industry-related customers developed positively.
Overall, our share of proprietary brands continued to increase during the quarter and now amounts to 60 percent. The phaseout of products with low margins and a steady increase in the share of proprietary product brands created the necessary conditions for an improved margin. It feels particularly gratifying to highlight the Workplace Safety division, which continued to develop positively. It is also positive that the operating margin in Building Materials improved significantly compared with the low level in the third quarter. The restructuring of Tools & Consumables continued, and the outsourcing of the subsidiary Luna's logistics was completed according to plan. Although delivery problems experienced in connection with the adjustment of the logistics solution impacted the quarter negatively, the situation improved considerably toward the end of the period. The restructuring work carried out during the year improved the overall conditions in the operations and is expected to have a positive impact on profitability during the next financial year.
We are continuing to pursue an active acquisition agenda and have good potential to carry out further transactions, particularly given our strong financial position. BVS Brannvernsystemer AS and Belano Maskin AB were acquired after the end of the quarter. The Building Materials division thus strengthened its position in passive fire protection, while Tools & Consumables improved its position in the attractive niche of construction and ventilation sheet-metal workers.
President & CEO
For further information, please contact:
The information in this report is such that Bergman & Beving AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 07:45 CET on 16 May 2018.
Bergman & Beving owns and refines companies that develop and market strong brands for professional users in industry and construction, mainly in the Nordic region, the Baltic States and Poland. Bergman & Beving aims to enable successful product companies to take the next step and become leading brands in their categories. The Group currently has some 15 brands, about 1,000 employees and revenue of approximately SEK 3.8 billion. Bergman & Beving is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Read more on the company's website: www.bergmanbeving.com.