Europe Liberty Forum, September 21-22, Challenges Region to Strengthen Civil Society
WASHINGTON, Sept. 13, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Europe Liberty Forum #EuropeLF17, sponsored by Atlas Network with organizing host the Hungarian-based Free Market Foundation (FMF), is a gathering of the best and the brightest in Europe to discuss and exchange solutions that help break down barriers to prosperity and opportunity in the region.
What: Europe Liberty Forum, hosted by Atlas Network with local organizing host Free Market Foundation. Major sponsorship generously provided by the John Templeton Foundation and the Smith Family Foundation.
When: September 21-22, 2017
Where: The Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, Budapest, Hungary
How: To attend or arrange for interviews, you must contact Máté Hajba at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0036309976078.
Europe Liberty Forum Highlights
- Keynote speech from Leszek Balcerowicz, professor of economics at the Warsaw School of Economics and former chairman of the National Bank of Poland
- Session on defending European liberty from hybrid warfare, featuring Remigijus Šimašius, Mayor of Vilnius, Lithuania
- Special talks from Zoltán Kész, Member of Hungarian Parliament and a founder of Free Market Foundation, and Péter Krekó, Ph.D., social psychologist, political scientist, and director of Political Capital Institute
- Panel on fighting back against illiberalism, featuring Dr. Tom G. Palmer, George M. Yeager Chair for Advancing Liberty and Executive Vice President for International Programs at Atlas Network
- Regional Think Tank Shark Tank competition, where contestants pitch their innovative project before a panel of philanthropists and the regional network of free-market think tanks for the chance to win $5,000
- Announcement of the winner of the 2017 Europe Liberty Award
- Special pre-event day tour of Budapest including the House of Terror Museum, Heroes' Square, and Buda Castle
About Atlas Network
Washington-based Atlas Network is a nonprofit organization that strengthens the worldwide freedom movement by connecting more than 470 independent partners in over 90 countries that share the vision of a free, prosperous, and peaceful world where limited governments defend the rule of law, private property, and free markets. Learn more about Atlas Network.
About the Free Market Foundation
The mission of Free Market Foundation is to represent, defend, and advance classical liberal values, ideas, and policies in Hungary and among speakers of the Hungarian language. Learn more about FMF.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/729b1b64-5e9e-42ca-99c4-c56eaf00582e
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f0b76422-9ee4-4de4-99dc-5fc991c6cdfa