Ratos: Year-end report 2016
PRESS RELEASE 17 February 2017
This information is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.00 CET on 17 February 2017.
Development in company portfolio
- Sales growth +13%. Adjusted for the size of Ratos's holding, net sales amounted to SEK 22,794m (20,164)
- Adjusted EBITA development -2%, adjusted for Ratos's holding, mainly due to weak performance of GS-Hydro. The portfolio's adjusted EBITA amounted to SEK 1,384m (1,414)
- EBITA performance -19%, adjusted for the size of Ratos's holding. The portfolio's adjusted EBITA amounted to SEK 1,005m (1,233)
Acquisitions and divestments
- The acquisitions of Serena Properties, airteam, Oase Outdoors, Gudrun Sjödén Group and Plantagen were completed
- Divestment of Euromaint, Mobile Climate Control and Analytical Instruments, part of Biolin Scientific
- Initial public offering for Arcus
- Agreement signed for the divestment of AH Industries
- The impairment of book values in Aibel, AH Industries, Biolin Scientific, Euromaint, GS Hydro and Jøtul during the year amounted to SEK 1.9 billion, attributable to the owners of the parent, of which SEK 1.1 billion is attributable to Aibel
- Profit/share of profits from companies amounted to SEK 295m (664), weak earnings development, particularly in GS-Hydro and Aibel
- Proposed dividend of SEK 2.00 per share (3.25)
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK -1.79 (1.29)
- Cash and cash equivalents in the parent company totalled SEK 2,677m (4,677)
At 10.00 CET a telephone conference will be held, participant connection: UK: +44 20 3008 9808, SE: +46 8 566 426 95, US: +1 855 831 5945. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.ratos.se where presentation material also is available. The telephone conference will be recorded and available at www.ratos.se.
Stockholm 17 February 2017
For further information, please contact:
Helene Gustafsson, Head of IR & Press, +46 8 700 17 98
Financial calendar from Ratos:
Annual General Meeting 6 April 2017
Interim report January-March 2017 8 May 2017
Interim report January-June 2017 17 August 2017
Interim report January-September 2017 14 November 2017
Ratos is an investment company that owns and develops unlisted medium-sized Nordic companies. Our goal as an active owner is to contribute to the long-term and sustainable business development in the companies we invest in and to make value-generating transactions. Ratos's portfolio consists of 19 medium-sized Nordic companies and the largest segments in terms of sales are Consumer goods/Retail, Construction and Energy. Ratos is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and has a total of approximately 15,000 employees.