Combined Shareholders' Meeting of May 14, 2019 of Bureau Veritas: All the resolutions submitted have been adopted
Neuilly-sur-Seine, France - May 14, 2019
COMBINED SHAREHOLDERS' MEETING
OF MAY 14, 2019: All the resolutions submitted have been adopted
The combined shareholder's meeting (the "Shareholders' Meeting") of Bureau Veritas (the "Company"), chaired by Mr. Aldo Cardoso, Chairman of the Board of Directors, was held today.
All the resolutions submitted to the Shareholders' Meeting have been adopted, among which:
- the approval of the statutory and consolidated financial statements for the financial year ended on December 31, 2018;
- the allocation of a dividend of 0.56 euro per share with option to pay the entire dividend in cash or in shares that will be payable on June 11, 2019;
- the ratification of the co-option of Mr. Philippe Lazare as Director;
- the appointment of Mr. Frédéric Sanchez as Director;
- the approval of the components of the compensation policy applicable to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and to the Chief Executive Officer for the 2019 financial year;
- the approval of fixed, variable and exceptional components of total compensation and benefits-in-kind paid or awarded for the 2018 financial year to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and to the Chief Executive Officer; and
- the renewal of all delegations of authority and/or financial authorizations to the Board of Directors.
During the presentation of the Board's reports, Mr. Didier Michaud-Daniel, Chief Executive Officer, and Mr. François Chabas, Executive Vice-President Finance, presented the highlights of the financial year 2018, the results of 2018, detailing in particular the revenue, adjusted operating profit, earning per share (EPS), cash flow statement and the financial position.
Then Mr. Didier Michaud-Daniel presented the business review, the first quarter revenue and the outlook for 2019. He also presented the strategy pursued by the Group as regards for the corporate social responsibility.
Mr. Aldo Cardoso, Chairman of the Board, and Mr. Pascal Lebard, Chairman of the Nomination and Compensation Committee, presented respectively the corporate governance as well as the compensation components of the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer in 2018 and the compensation policy applicable for the 2019 financial year.
On this occasion, Mr. Aldo Cardoso expressed the Board of Directors' thanks to Mr. Pierre Hessler whose term of office expired today for his remarkable contribution to the Board for 17 years. On the appointment of Mr. Frédéric Sanchez as director, Mr. Aldo Cardoso, emphasized that he will strengthen the Board with his knowledge of the industry and the digital transformation as well as his experience as a leader of Fives, a French flagship of engineering which, like Bureau Veritas, is a bicentennial company that has become a global reference brand in its sector.
The presentation made during the Shareholders' Meeting and the results of the vote of the resolutions submitted to the Shareholder' Meeting will be available on the Company's website (https://group.bureauveritas.com/investors/financial-information/shareholders-meeting).
About Bureau Veritas
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in laboratory testing, inspection and certification services. Created in 1828, the Group has more than 75,000 employees located in more than 1,500 offices and laboratories around the globe. Bureau Veritas helps its clients improve their performance by offering services and innovative solutions, in order to ensure that their assets, products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
Bureau Veritas is listed on Euronext Paris and belongs to the Next 20 index.
Compartment A, ISIN code FR 0006174348, stock symbol: BVI.
For more information, visit https://group.bureauveritas.com
|+33 (0)1 55 24 76 09|
|+33 (0)1 55 24 77 80|