EssilorLuxottica - Press Release: EssilorLuxottica 2018 Combined Shareholders' Meeting
EssilorLuxottica 2018 Combined Shareholders' Meeting
Charenton-Le-Pont (November 29, 2018 - 8:00 pm) - EssilorLuxottica held its first Combined General Meeting today at the Espace Grande Arche at La Défense, chaired by Leonardo Del Vecchio, Executive Chairman, and Hubert Sagnières, Executive Vice-Chairman, of EssilorLuxottica.
EssilorLuxottica shareholders approved today the proposals submitted by the board (and published in compliance with the provisions of law) regarding the ten resolutions listed below:
- Approval of the compensation policy applicable to the Executive Corporate Officers
- Increase of the Directors' fees
- Ratification of the co-optation of Ms. Sabrina Pucci as Director in replacement
of Ms. Rafaella Mazzoli
- Board authorisation to proceed with the purchase of the Company's own ordinary shares
- Authorisation to be granted to the Board of Directors to reduce the share capital by cancelling Company shares
- Delegation of authority granted to the Board of Directors for the purposes of deciding a capital increase reserved for members of a Company Savings Plan (French plans d'épargne d'entreprise or "PEE"), without preferential subscription rights (ceiling of 0.5% of the share capital)
- Authorisation to be granted to the Board of Directors to proceed with the award of free existing shares (also called performance shares)
- Authorisation to be granted to the Board of Directors to grant stock-options giving right to purchase existing shares subject to performance conditions
- Authorisation to be granted to the Board of Directors to proceed with the award of free existing shares to certain Luxottica group employees, replacing cash retention bonuses previously promised to them by Luxottica
- Powers to carry out formalities
Leonardo Del Vecchio, Executive Chairman of EssilorLuxottica quote: "I was honored today to open the first Shareholders' Meeting of EssilorLuxottica. I face my role with a great sense of responsibility and a desire to be able to be a point of reference for all the shareholders of our new Group, while generating growth, achieving synergies and creating value for them. From today we expect the important process of integration to have an emphasis on extreme simplicity and speed of execution, focusing the two operating companies in their respective areas of excellence: Luxottica in frames and Essilor in lenses."
Hubert Sagnières, Executive Vice-Chairman of EssilorLuxottica, commented, "With its first shareholder meeting held today, we continue to lay the foundations of EssilorLuxottica. I am delighted that the Group has taken a decisive step forward to further develop employee shareholding within the Group with the support of its shareholders. The involvement of employees has always been key to Essilor's development and I am proud to see that our shareholders recognize the importance of this as a core feature of the new entity. Going forward, the Group is in a unique position to advance its mission and to fully seize growth opportunities in a very dynamic market."
EssilorLuxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. Formed in 2018, its mission is to help people around the world to see more, be more and live life to its fullest by addressing their evolving vision needs and personal style aspirations. The company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technology and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to set new industry standards for vision care and the consumer experience around it. Influential eyewear brands including Ray-Ban and Oakley, lens technology brands including Varilux® and Transitions®, and world-class retail brands including Sunglass Hut and LensCrafters are part of the EssilorLuxottica family. In 2017, EssilorLuxottica had nearly 150,000 employees and pro forma consolidated revenues would have reached approximately Euro 16 billion.
The EssilorLuxottica share trades on the Euronext Paris market and is included in the Euro Stoxx 50 and CAC 40 indices.
Codes and symbols: ISIN: FR0000121667; Reuters: EL.PA; Bloomberg: EL:FP.
| EssilorLuxottica Investor Relations |
(Charenton-le-Pont) Tel: + 33 1 49 77 42 16
(Milan) Tel: 39 (02) 8633 4870
| EssilorLuxottica Corporate Communications |
(Charenton-le-Pont) Tel: + 33 1 49 77 45 02
(Milan) Tel: + 39 (02) 8633 4470