PHARMAGEST INTERACTIVE : new teleconsultation solution for assisted living facilities
Mérignac, 10 October 2018 - 6:00 p.m. (CET)
MALTA INFORMATIQUE INTRODUCES A TELECONSULTATION SOLUTION FOR ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES
- TITAN TELECONSULTATION is a new module destined exclusively for assisted living facilities for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- This solution will be proposed to 2,000 elderly assisted living facilities that Malta Informatique also equips with its TITAN software applications.
- TITAN TELECONSULTATION is among the most technically comprehensive solutions on the market and the only teleconsultation solution for doctors fully integrated with the TITAN patient file at the assisted living facility.
- 100% compliant with the teleconsultation prerequisites of the French National Authority for Health (HAS - Haute Autorité de Santé).
MALTA INFORMATIQUE, a subsidiary of Pharmagest Group (Euronext Paris - B - FR 0012882389 - Reuters: PHA.PA - Bloomberg: - PMGI FP) today launches its teleconsutlation solution for assisted living facilities: TITAN TELECONSULTATION.
Created in 1999, MALTA INFORMATIQUE is an independent software vendor specialised in applications for elderly residential care homes and day care facilities, a fast-growing sector in which it has a market share exceeding 25%.
Its TITAN application is the only solution on the market covering the entire medication pathway for elderly assisted living facilities. At the 1st of September 2018, MALTA INFORMATIQUE had equipped 2,000 elderly assisted living facilities (EHPAD) in France.
TITAN Teleconsultation for elderly assisted living facilities: an efficient response to meeting the challenge of low physician density
Low physician density, resident comfort, improved logistics, lower costs are factors contributing to the adoption of telemedicine solutions by elderly assisted living facilities.
Against the backdrop a medical density crisis, access to general practitioners is becoming increasingly complicated, justifying the use of information and communications technologies which include teleconsultation.
The TITAN TELECONSULTATION solution is an appropriate response to the different challenges linked to access to doctors throughout France.
An innovative solution for improving continuity of care
TITAN TELECONSULTATION improves communication between patients and their family and contributes to patient therapeutic education in the assisted living facility. The patients remain in their room in the reassuring company of their caregivers. The TITAN solution improves continuity of care and non-hospital/private practice care. It also offers a benefit to caregivers by facilitating more thorough and faster exchanges with specialists, especially in semi-urgent cases and when it is necessary to lift any doubts."
Very easy-to-use for the team, the patient and the doctor
From a simple web browser, and within the TITAN WEB MÉDECIN module, TITAN TELECONSULTATION permits the doctor to efficiently conduct a teleconsultation with the assisted living facility resident.
The service's ergonomics makes it very simple to useinvolving a minimal of amount of required equipment:
- at the assisted living facility: a tablet, a stethoscopes, an otoscope;
- at the doctor's: a webcam and a microphone headset.
TITAN Teleconsultation is equipped with the very best video conferencing technology
- At the assisted living facility, through the TITAN NOMADE tablet, the caregiver creates a teleconsultation request by selecting the resident and the doctor.
- The doctors receive a SMS on their cell phone and connect through a browser to TITAN WEB MEDECIN. They validate the proposition and start the teleconsultation secured by their health professional card (CPS)
- The teleconsultation is conducted by means of video conferencing. The doctor and the patient communicate with each other orally. The doctors may ask the caregiver assisting at the consultation to carry out an auscultation with a connected stethoscope of otoscope. Other medical devices connected and available within TITAN remain usable (pulse oximeter, blood pressure monitor, thermometer). The doctor can take and annotate photos.
- Once the medical examination has been completed, the doctor enters a record for this teleconsultation, may prescribe a treatment and issue a treatment form for payment (form CERFA 12541*02).
- All these documents as well as the annotated photos are in recorded in digital format by signature of the doctor's "CPS" card and are immediately accessible through TITAN.
- Prescriptions are immediately available for the pharmacists.
TITAN TELECONSULTATION Security and compliance
TITAN Teleconsultation addresses all requirements for teleconsultation, and proposes added features: time dating, quality image and audio, taking photos with annotations.
TITAN Teleconsultation also respects the prerequisites of the French National Authority for Health (HAS), including the teleconsutlation report, electronic signature by the doctors "CPS" card allowing for full dematerialization (prescriptions and treatment payment processing forms).
Very promising prospects of MALTA INFORMATIQUE
For MALTA INFORMATIQUE, the growth prospects are significant. To date the company has equipped 2,000 elderly assisted living facilities (out of a total in France of 7,000). As a key player in this sector and, in light of its compliance with French heath authority perquisites, MALTA INFORMATIQUE is today launching a teleconsultation solution extremely well-adapted for assisted living facilities within a very positive market for telehealth.
In addition, as the only company to date offering this solution, MALTA INFORMATIQUE sees significant market potential, with all assisted living facilities destined to be equipped for teleconsultations by 2020.
Finally, MALTA INFORMATIQUE expects that its TITAN TELECONSULTATION solution may also be used for specialist consultations. Indeed, for a significant number of cases, the specialist's opinion is necessary but this consultation is complicated by distance and the patient's condition. With TITAN TELECONSULTATION, the specialist has access to the patient and his or her medical file directly at the assisted living facility. This approach offers a response to the challenge of low physician density for certain medical specialities.
MALTA INFORMATIQUE intends to equip 30% of its assisted living facility by 2019 with orders already for more than 100 modules to be deployed.
About MALTA INFORMATIQUE
MALTA INFORMATIQUE is an independent software vendor specialised in applications for elderly residential care homes and day care facilities, a fast-growing sector in which it has a market share exceeding 25 %. Its TITAN application is the only solution on the market covering the entire medication pathway for elderly residential care homes. At 31 December 2017, MALTA INFORMATIQUE was installed at 1,812 care homes.
MALTA INFORMATIQUE has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of PHARMAGEST INTERACTIVE Group since 2007.
About PHARMAGEST Group:
Pharmagest Group is the French pharmacy information technology leader, with a market share of more than 42% and more than 1.000 employees. The Group's strategy is based on a core business of improving healthcare through information technology innovation and developing two priority areas: 1/ Services and technologies for healthcare professionals, with a focus on assisting pharmacies in patient medication compliance; and 2/ technologies for improving the efficacy of healthcare systems.
To roll out this strategy, Pharmagest Group has developed specialised businesses, including pharmacy IT, e-Health solutions, solutions for healthcare professionals, solutions for pharmaceutical laboratories, connected health devices and apps, and a sales financing marketplace.
These businesses are grouped within four divisions: Solutions for Pharmacy Division - Europe; Solutions for Health and Social Care Facilities; Solutions for e-Health; and FinTech.
Listed on Euronext Paris(TM) - Compartment B
Indices: CAC ® SMALL and CAC ® All-Tradable par inclusion
Eligible for the Long-Only Deferred Settlement Service (SRD)
ISIN: FR 0012882389 - Reuters: PHA.PA - Bloomberg: - PMGI FP
For all the latest news on MALTA INFORMATIQUE go to www.malta-informatique.fr
For all the latest news go to www.pharmagest.com