Brunswick Corporation : Brunswick Public Foundation Awards 2018 Grants
METTAWA, Ill. Aug. 15, 2018- The Brunswick Public Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation, today announced that seven organizations have received a total of nearly $235,000 in charitable grants from the Public Foundation for 2018. Recipients include (in alphabetical order):
- Alliance for the Great Lakes, which since 1970, has sought to conserve and restore the world's largest freshwater resource.
- American Council on Exercise, a leading nonprofit exercise professional and health coach certification organization. Since 1985, its goal has been to set the highest industry standards, elevate the careers of professionals and help people worldwide make movement their mission.
- American Rivers, which since 1973, has worked to protect wild rivers, restore damaged rivers, and conserve clean water for people and nature.
- Fish America, which since 1983, has supported restoring marine and estuary habitat, improving water quality, increasing fish populations and advancing fisheries research.
- My School in Motion, which since 2009, has provided a school-wide daily fitness, nutrition, health and wellness program that integrates cardio-respiratory, muscular conditioning, and flexibility exercises along with encouraging nutrition, health and wellness.
- Ocean Conservancy, which since 1972, educates and empowers citizens to take action on behalf of the ocean.
- PHIT America Foundation, is a cause and campaign dedicated to increasing physical activity and fitness to improve the health of all Americans. PHIT America was launched in January 2013.
In addition, The Brunswick Public Foundation, which is governed by a four-member board of directors that meets several times each year, also provides contributions to select local United Way organizations serving areas with Brunswick operations that have active employee fund-raising and support campaigns.
Brunswick Public Foundation
Established in 1997, the Brunswick Public Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation that supports community development primarily through contributions to pre-selected United Way organizations or other charitable organizations that reflect employees' interest. In addition, it supports health and wellness throughout the community, along with organizations that enhance the country's water resources for the recreational use of the public. Financial commitments by the Brunswick Public Foundation have totaled more than $6 million since it began awarding donations in 1998.
Contact: Daniel Kubera
Director - Media Relations and Corporate Communications