Sodexo presents its "Digital Day" at the 2018 Viva Technology Show in Paris
Paris, May 18, 2018 - For the second year running, and after being awarded the Communication & Enterprise Prix d'Honneur for its stand in 2017, Sodexo, the world leader in quality of life services, will return to the Viva Technology Show from May 24 to 26, 2018. This will be an opportunity for Sodexo to present interactive experiences centered on quality of life and essential moments in the daily lives of working people.
The "Digital Day" theme of Sodexo's stand, will illustrate the Group's commitment, founded on its customers' experiences and technology, to improve the quality of life of working people in a novel and inspiring way.
A stand dedicated to quality of life and working people's daily lives.
Showcased as "Digital Day," Sodexo's stand will welcome professionals on May 24-25, and the general public on May 26, to discover through innovative events, four key moments of people's daily lives in which Sodexo is committed to being their best ally:
Sodexo will be accompanied by 37 start-ups all striving to develop projects centered on the daily lives and quality of life for working people. As individuals pass through the stand, they will be introduced to visitors through clips that highlight the four key components of the day, and have the opportunity to participate in 30-minute round table discussions led by Sodexo experts.
Events not to be missed!
For the three days of the Show, Sodexo will give visitors the opportunity to attend numerous innovative presentations and events:
- Sophie Bellon, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors, Sodexo will participate in a round table to discuss "The Future of Work", on Thursday, May 24, between 12.40 and 1.15 pm.
- On Friday, May 25, at 2 p.m., Denis Machuel, CEO of Sodexo, will lead the CEO Forum round table to discuss the challenges and opportunities connected with the digitalization of the service industry. In a world that depends more and more on technology, some may wonder whether the role of humans in the service industry is coming to an end. And, whether the best digital experience requires a balance between technology and human interaction.
- Two "Shape the Future" Keynotes
The first keynote address will be by Sylvia Metayer, Global CEO of Business Services at Sodexo, at 12:20 p.m. on Thursday, May 24. During her keynote she will discuss the Internet of Things and Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace.
At 3:10 p.m. on Friday, May 25, Belen Moscoso del Prado, Digital and Innovation Director at Sodexo will speak about the challenges surrounding Generation Z. She will also introduce the prize-giving ceremony for the Sodexo Vivatech Challenge Winner Awards.
- Elevator pitch: Each day, visitors and start-ups will have two minutes to do a recorded interview to explain a project they want to develop. At the end of the event, Sodexo will select the best proposals and invite them to meet experts at Sodexo.
- Masterclass on "The Art of Storytelling": Overseen by a coach, visitors will learn the key features of a message that can persuade their audience.
- Sodexo fun facts: Visitors are invited, at various times of the day, to participate in quizzes and questionnaires for a chance to win Sodexo products or services as prizes.
Founded in 1966 by Pierre Bellon in Marseilles, France, Sodexo is the worldwide leader in Quality of Life services, an essential factor in the performance of individuals and organizations. Present in 80 countries, Sodexo delivers to 100 million customers a day a unique array of On-Site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services, and Personal and Home Services. With 50 years' experience covering more than 100 professions, Sodexo offers its clients a comprehensive range of services including hospitality, reception, cleaning, maintenance, technical equipment and facilities maintenance, staff motivation and incentivization, solutions to streamline and optimize personnel relocation and business expenses, as well as home help, daycare, and concierge services. Sodexo's success and performance relies on its independence, its sustainable economic model, and its ability to ensure the development and commitment of its 450,000 employees around the world.
Sodexo is represented on the CAC 40 and DJSI indices.
Key figures (as of August 31, 2017)
| €20.7 billion consolidated revenue |
19th biggest employer in the world
100 million consumers daily
€11.8 billion market capitalization (as of April 11, 2018)
| Laurence CHIAPPONI |
Tel: +33 1 57 75 81 80 - firstname.lastname@example.org