Santhera Reports Preliminary Key Financial Figures for 2015
Liestal, Switzerland, January 27, 2016 - Santhera Pharmaceuticals (SIX: SANN) announces preliminary, unaudited key financial figures for 2015. The Company reports net revenues of CHF 4.3 million from sales of its lead product Raxone® for the treatment of Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON). Commercial roll-out for Raxone for the treatment of LHON in the EU is well on track. Cash and cash equivalents by year-end amounted to CHF 76.9 million. The Company made significant progress in all product development programs.
- In 2015, the Company reported net revenues from product sales of CHF 4.3 million, a 65% increase compared to the previous year (2014: CHF 2.6 million). Net revenues in Q4 2015 were CHF 1.9 million, representing 44% of reported annual revenue and a 136% increase over the average quarterly net sale for Q1-Q3 2015.
- On September 9, 2015, Santhera received marketing authorization for Raxone® for the treatment of LHON in all EU member states, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. By end of 2015, Raxone was launched in Germany, Austria, Denmark, Norway, and Luxembourg and is currently sold in France under a Temporary Recommendation for Use (RTU) until final grant of pricing and reimbursement.
- Based on the number of packs sold, it is estimated that by year end 2015 approximately 120 LHON patients were receiving Raxone, predominantly in Germany and France.
- Advancing the planned pan-European roll-out, Santhera recently signed a distribution and supply agreement with Ewopharma covering Eastern Europe and The Baltics.
- After two successful financing rounds in 2015 in the aggregate gross amount of CHF 82.4 million, Santhera held CHF 76.9 million in cash and cash equivalents by end of 2015 (end of 2014: CHF 17.4 million).
- As a result of last year's financing transactions and option exercises, the Company's outstanding shares amounted to 6,262,798 as of January 1, 2016.
"We are very excited about Santhera's progress last year," commented Thomas Meier, PhD, Chief Executive Officer of Santhera. "The Company's first product approval and launch in the EU marks a transforming milestone towards a fully-integrated specialty pharmaceutical company, with sustainable revenues from product sales. This year we plan to expand the European roll-out of Raxone for the treatment of LHON and prepare for market entry as a therapy of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, the product's second indication."
Upcoming corporate events:
- Release of the audited financial results for 2015 on April 12, 2016
- Annual Shareholders' Meeting on May 11, 2016
Santhera Pharmaceuticals (SIX: SANN) is a Swiss specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative pharmaceutical products for the treatment of orphan mitochondrial and neuromuscular diseases. Santhera's lead product Raxone® is authorized in the European Union for the treatment of Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON). Santhera develops Raxone® in two additional indications, Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and primary progressive multiple sclerosis (ppMS), and omigapil for congenital muscular dystrophy (CMD), all areas of high unmet medical need. For further information, please visit the Company's website www.santhera.com
Raxone® and Catena® are trademarks of Santhera Pharmaceuticals.
|For further information, contact:|
|Thomas Meier, PhD, Chief Executive Officer||Christoph Rentsch, Chief Financial Officer|
|Phone +41 61 906 89 64||Phone +41 61 906 89 65|
|US investor contact:||US Public Relations contact:|
|Hans Vitzthum, LifeSci Advisors, LLC||Deanne Eagle, Planet Communications|
|Phone +1 212 915 2568||Phone +1 917 837 5866|
Disclaimer / Forward-looking statements
This communication does not constitute an offer or invitation to subscribe for or purchase any securities of Santhera Pharmaceuticals Holding AG. This publication may contain certain forward-looking statements concerning the Company and its business. Such statements involve certain risks, uncertainties and other factors which could cause the actual results, financial condition, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such statements. Readers should therefore not place undue reliance on these statements, particularly not in connection with any contract or investment decision. The Company disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
# # #